Tuesday, December 02, 2008

TRAINDO O GRANDE SUJO


So Now?

by Charles Bukowski

the words have come and gone,
I sit ill.
the phone rings, the cats sleep.
Linda vacuums.
I am waiting to live,
waiting to die.
I wish I could ring in some bravery.
it's a lousy fix
but the tree outside doesn't know:
I watch it moving with the wind
in the late afternoon sun.
there's nothing to declare here,
just a waiting.
each faces it alone.
Oh, I was once young,
Oh, I was once unbelievably
young!

from Transit magazine, 1994


Assim agora?

As palavras vem e vão,
Sinto-me mal.
o telefone toca, os gatos dormem.
Lindos vazios.
Estou esperando para viver,
esperando para morrer.
Gostaria de poder tocar com alguma bravura.
É uma péssima tradução,
mas a árvore lá fora não sabe:
Eu a assisti se mover com o vento
no final da tarde do domingo.
não há nada a declarar aqui,
apenas uma espera.
cada um está sozinho.
Ah, eu fui jovem uma vez,
Ah, eu fui inacreditavelmente jovem
uma vez!

Ilustração: http://amadeo.blog.com/repository/192540/1766948.jpg

No comments: